t

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Film Review: About Time - Richard Curtis

 
8th August, 2013 (United Kingdom)
Director: Richard Curtis
Screenplay: Richard Curtis
Starring: Rachel McAdams, Bill Nighy, Domhnall Gleeson, Margot Robbie, Tom Hollander, Lydia Wilson, Lindsay Duncan, Richard Cordery and Will Merrick.
**** - 4 Stars
 
About Time directed by Richard Curtis is one of the best 'feel good' films I've seen in a long time. It is up there on my list with films such as Love Actually and The Holiday. I have to admit, when I decided to watch this, I wasn't too sure what to expect. I had seen the trailers for it and it looked intriguing but also a little absurd. I did get the impression from the trailers that it was just another 'American Rom-Com' and I always get a little disappointed by things like that now as it seems they are the only films that are churned out of the film industry as its such a popular genre.
However, I could not be more glad to admit that I was wrong. About Time is just the most wonderful, heart-warming British comedy and I completely loved it. Right from the off, I knew this was going to be something different and something that we hadn't seen before. It was refreshing and just a true pleasure to watch.
I completely recommend that if you haven't watched this yet, you really should. If traditional British comedy is your thing, you will love this film.
*DISCLAIMER* This film DOES have sad moments in it!!
There is not much I can find to complain about with this film; casting was great, directing was fantastic, cinematography was beautiful. I think the only reason this is a four star review and not a five star review is simply down to the fact that, as a prolific reader and writer, I felt the story and the writing could have been improved upon a bit but that is a minor detail and is a personal opinion.
I loved this film. You should all go and watch it right now!! Tell me what you think down in the comments.
***
Goodbye for now,
Lara xx


No comments :

Post a Comment