t

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Five Favourite Festive Films - 2014

1) A Miracle of 34th Street
Okay, this film HAS to be on everybody's list of favourite Christmas films. It is just such a heart-warming story and one that my family and I watch every single year whilst putting up the tree. This film really gets us into the Christmas spirit and it's just such a wonderful, lovely Christmas film. I look forward to watching this film every year. The casting is brilliant and I just love it. Watch this whilst taking part in the festivities leading up to Christmas and it's sure to make you feel 100X more Christmasy!!
 
2) The Muppet Christmas Carol
This one I know isn't everybody's cup of tea. A lot of people prefer a more... serious version of this famous Charles Dickens story but, I have to say I love this version. The Muppets has always be one of those things that has cheered me up and made me laugh and making a Christmasy Muppets film was possibly the best idea anyone has ever had. It is a more light-hearted and fun version of A Christmas Carol and it makes me laugh and sing along every time I watch it. I love this film and watching this on Christmas Eve just makes everything a million times better. It's one of those films that we all sit and watch as a family and we can all enjoy and it makes us laugh!!
 
3) The Holiday
This is just such a great Christmas film. This one is more of an adult Christmas film but it is still suitable to watch with your kids. If you are looking for a romantic comedy - something that'll make you swoon and make your heart just melt, this is a great film to pick. Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Jack Black are brilliant in this film and it just makes me feel Christmasy every year. There is not a chance in England that you could not have seen this film as it is always shown on TV on the run up to Christmas day. This is a must-have Christmas film.
 
4) Love Actually
Love Actually is on the same level as The Holiday. It has a star-studded cast and follows several different stories all set during the lead up to Christmas. It is just another film that makes you feel all warm inside and makes you smile the whole time you're watching. Bill Nighy is also absolutely at his best in this film and is the source of many amusing moments throughout this film. I love British films and this is just one that highlights just how fantastic British comedy and writing is. Another must-have Christmas/Romantic Comedy.
 
5) Father Christmas
Now this is more to do with my childhood. I do really watch this one anymore but it really does make me smile every single time I watch it. If you have kids, this is such an amazing Christmas film. I think this is a little less well known than it's predecessor, The Snowman but it is just as good, if not better. I know that there are a lot of Christmas films and especially more Christmas films for kids coming out now but you can't beat the classics and in our house, these are the top five classic Christmas films and we enjoy watching them every year.
***
I know that a lot of people are going to be wondering why films like The Grinch and It's a Wonderful Life aren't on here but they have never really been a big part of our Christmases.
Please let me know what films you love to watch at Christmas time and tell me what you think of my choices!!
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and a very Merry Christmas.
Lots of love, Lara xx

 

No comments :

Post a Comment