t

Sunday 16 February 2014

Emigrating...

Hi all you lovely people, you! I thought it was about time I did a post on emigrating! I have told you so many time how I moved over here (here being New Zealand) from England and I thought I would tell you how it all came about, what I thought about it and advice to anyone who is emigrating to a new country.

New Zealand...
New Zealand is that place at the bottom of the planet - that tiny little dot near Australia. It is one of the many countries that is part of the British Empire and everyone thinks it's just full of trees and sheep.  Well, that might be true. There are a lot of trees here - and sheep too. However, there is so much more to it than that. I live just north of Auckland in North Island, New Zealand. I've lived here about a year and a half now and I love it here. It has sub-tropical weather, bright blue sea and cloudless skies. The people are lovely and it just has a lovely atmosphere over here.

Who I moved with?...
This might be a bit of a silly addition to the post because - who cares? Right? However, I will tell you anyways, just in case you are interested. I moved here with my parents and my two little sisters. However, my brother is someone we left behind. We all miss him more than anything and he is the most amazing person you'll ever meet but we know he's happy where he is and that's all that matters to us.

Why we moved...
We moved over here just to have more opportunities and a chance at a better life. As some of you will know if you watch my Youtube videos that I got really badly bullied at school in England and there was no way I could stay there throughout my school years because I would've ended up with no qualifications and no way of getting a job. Not to mention no self-confidence. So for me especially, this move was really important.

My thoughts on emigrating...
I love New Zealand and all the people in it. Everyone is so nice and welcoming and accepting here. I find it so much easier to cope with school over here than I ever did in England and I'm so grateful for the opportunities it has given me moving out here.

What advice I have for people who are emigrating...
Hmm... I don't think there's anything I can say to make the move easier on you. All I can say is; embrace it. All of it. If you give it a try, the chances are that you'll like it where you're moving to. However, if you spend all your time rebelling against your parents and saying that you hate it and you want to go home, the chances are you are going to be miserable. I know that you are under the impression that if you kick up enough of a fuss then your parents will just move back but that really isn't going to happen. If you are in a different country right now and your furniture is also there, you are not going back home with your family; you'll be moving back alone when you're 18. I know that sounds like a horrible thing to say but your parents would not have dragged you away from your home and your friends without good reason. Go easy on them, the move is just as hard for them as for you. Look at moving as a fresh start and a chance to get things right that might have gone wrong in England (or wherever you're from)

Will I ever go back?...
Well... I'm sorry to say I think it's highly likely that I will go back and live in Yorkshire. I love it out here and I love all the opportunities I have been given and all the friends I've made but after I have finished with school, the chances are that I will go straight back to Yorkshire and live in the Countryside again.

Why?...
Well, New Zealand just isn't me. I don't know if that makes any sense to any of you but I am totally homesick and I miss Chatsworth House and Gardens, I miss Bakewell market. I miss it all. I miss my brother. I miss having Christmas in winter. New Zealand has given me a fresh start and allowed me to have a life I wouldn't have had if I had still being living in England throughout my school life. No matter how much I love it here, it can just never compare to how much I love my home. The place I was born and raised. The place where all of my family is. I have a feeling at some point, we will all go back to England because I don't think New Zealand is where any of us wants to spend the rest of our lives. Home is just too important to us all.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you next Monday,
Laralu x

No comments :

Post a Comment