t

Thursday 18 September 2014

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling

Bloomsbury Publishing
Copyright © Text J.K. Rowling 1998
Copyright © Cover illustration Cliff Wright 1997
First published in Great Britain 1998
**** - 4 stars. It's been a few months since I posted my review of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but I finally got around to reading the second installment of the Harry Potter series. As you know when reading Harry Potter books, I base it on J.K Rowling's work alone - not compared to other writers. After reading this book, I realise just how good it was and and just had to give it 4 stars.
It is a brilliant, witty book that I laughed aloud to many times. Although many people I have met are not a huge fan of the Chamber of Secrets - namely a certain character by the name of Gilderoy Lockhart - I have to confess, this is one of my personal favourites in the series.
If you have never read the Harry Potter series, I would highly recommend it. Although a children's series, it is the most magical a well written set of books I have ever read and I am glad to have been a child who grew up with Harry Potter. Anticipating the next book and seeing the posters for the next film every few years. Crying at the deaths and feeling the loss of a certain part of my life finally ended after all those years. I still completely adore these stories and can't wait to share the magic with my own children. 4 stars out of 5 for J.K. Rowling. Thank you for making my childhood!!!
' It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.' -- Albus Dumbledore: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling.
Buy Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


No comments :

Post a Comment